Thursday, April 20, 2006

Live from GA: Day one

I don't know what I'm doing up this early.

Yesterday was pretty long from 6am to 2am. I expect most of my days are going to be like this.

I spend Tuesday buying stuff for the conference. Do you know how difficult it is to find a paper bag (or 20) in Birmingham?? I was searching all day. In the end I settled for stealing mushroom bags from Tesco (in fact when I got here someone else had brought much better bags for mail bags). After that I met a mate I haven't seen in a while and we had a few drinks.

All this meant that when I got home at 8:30pm I was too tired to pack or reply to emails so went to bed and got up at 6am the next day (yesterday). I dealt with the stuff I needed to and caught a train at 9:05.

I got into Chester at 11:30 and found a number of Unitarians hanging around so managed to share a taxi into the college.

So we had an afternoon of young-adulty goodness and have begun to plan our worship on Friday night. Some considerable time was also spent in the pub.

A while ago I thought it would be a good idea to speak to the ministers' Pre-Conference about the launch of BUYAN and young adult stuff. I emailed someone to sort it out but only found out a few hours before that it was actually going ahead. I just wanted to make a quick announcement - it turned out I talked for less than five minutes and then took questions for like half an hour. It was a useful dialogue and I know we have young adult allies there, so that's good.

Got up this morning at 7. It's now 8.40. GA officially starts today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home