Thursday, January 19, 2006

How many Unitarians are there?

It occurs to me that with the electoral role compiled for the Executive Committee elections, we now have an absolute minimum figure for the number of Unitarians in the UK. I don't know if this figure is going to be released. I haven't heard anyone talking about it, but I think it would be interesting to know. My electoral number is between 1000 and 2000. How many more are there?

I think that the UUA requires it's members congregations to report their membership numbers once a year, though ultimately that is probably voluntary (as is virtually everything in a congregational system). That means numbers are available for anyone to see here. The British equivalent here does not contain membership numbers, I wish it did. It would be interesting to see.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mike Killingworth said...

The answer's in The Inquirer for December 3 last, issue 7639, page 4.

You're not far wrong...

7:45 pm  
Blogger Stephen said...

I don't think I have that issue. What is the number?

10:33 am  
Blogger Jaume said...

We at the ICUU need to know the actual numbers of British Unitarians, because if they fall below 3,000, British Unitarians will lose one delegate at the next Council meeting.

12:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

danceofthemind.typepad.com

2:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home